GUIDELINES FOR POSTER ABSTRACTS
Abstracts will be accepted online starting Dec 1, 2015
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF ABSTRACTS: EXTENDED TO MARCH 1, 2016
Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the organizing committee. All accepted abstracts will be displayed as Posters throughout the duration of the symposium. (Dimensions of poster boards are: 4′ width x 4′ length)
If your files are over 2mb or would like to submit videos, please contact sue@veritas meetings.com for details regarding our FTP site.
Please note the following instructions for the preparation of abstracts:
- Abstracts must be written in English and should be structured in such a way as to include: Objectives, background, methods and results, and conclusions.
- All abbreviations must be defined before being used as an abbreviation in the text.
- The content of the abstract is solely the responsibility of the author. The original abstract is reprinted exactly as provided. It is therefore essential that the abstract is correctly typed. Avoid errors, corrections, and misspellings.
- Abstracts should contain no more than 400 words in the recommended font: Times New Roman, size 12 pt. Do NOT use a smaller font size.
- If including a table in the abstract, please limit the number of words in the body of the abstract to 200. If including a diagram, please ensure that the abstract text together with the diagram does not exceed one page.
- Use single spacing.
- Title should be typed in UPPER CASE letters in bold and not exceed more than 100 characters. Titles with more than 100 characters will be truncated.
- The author(s) names and institution(s) should be in upper and lower case.
- Please clearly indicate the name of the contact person for all correspondence connected with this abstract.
- Symbols, tables, graphs or pictures cannot be submitted via the website. Abstracts containing symbols, tables, graphs or pictures can be included on the poster.
Please read the Abstract Guidelines on this site carefully before completing this form.
- Fields marked with (*) are required.
- Characters other than English letters, numbers or punctuation cannot be accepted by this website.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PREPARATION OF POSTERS
(Dimensions of poster boards are: 3′ width x 2′ length (3′ x 2′))
Please note the following information regarding your poster presentation:
- Please prepare your poster on one sheet and the dimensions should not exceed 3′ width x 2′ in length (3′ x 2′). Alternatively, presenters may display their material on several smaller sheets.
- Allocate the top portion of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc. should be bold enough to be read from a distance of three feet.
- The background should contain 3 to 5 telegraphic sentences outlining information necessary to understand the study and why it was done.
- The aims of the study, the questions to be asked, or the hypothesis to be tested should be clearly stated in as few words as possible.
- Outline your methods briefly. Provide details only for new methods or important modifications of older ones.
- Results should be presented as graphs or charts. Provide a key to explain symbols or other details. You may also want to provide an interpretation of the results below each panel.
- The conclusions should be concise.
- Tacks will be available for hanging posters.
- Please refer to the Congress Final Program for the poster number assigned to you. Please use the board with the same number.